Reset Gear is one of the technologies required for machines that use no cartridge management chip to clear the counter and reset.
The printer displays a "cartridge life end" message if no reset gear is detected. A reset gear must be installed on any spent cartridge that uses no cartridge management chip, gear detection resetting method in order for the printer to function properly once the cartridge has been recharged and re-installed in the printer.
Here is additional information for your printer "Fake error massages"
We DO NOT support your printer error messages. !!!!!!!
Please find yourself on-line or purchase "Service/Repair manual"
"HL, DCP, MFC" - All different resetting.
Here is some hints !!
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the 'go' button (or "start' button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the 'go' button (or "start' button).
Open the printer door
Hold Back and Cancel at the same time
A menu to reset the toners pops up
Hit Okay to reset.
1. Turn on the printer
2. Push the button on the front of the printer to open the cartridge door. Don't remove the cartridges.
3. Push the Clear/Back button to bring up a reset menu.
There are 8 different toner functions (for simplicity, two B's, two C's, two M's, and two Y's).
4. For each of these eight functions in turn,
push the O.K. button and then push it again to indicate 'Reset'. After a few seconds,